Australian Tourist Visa

Tourist visa – not allowed to work, takes few days/ week to be approved.
There are three visas that you can apply for online to visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities: For up to 3, 6, 12 months.

Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)​
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport. It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities. Limited to small number of countries. ( Canada, Hong Kong, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea.

eVisitor (subclass 651)
To apply for an eVisitor (subclass 651) you must be outside Australia and hold a passport from a country in the table below.
Eligible passport holders

Visitor visa (subclass 600).
To apply online for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) from outside Australia you must hold a valid passport from a country in the table below.
In Australia, all passport holders can apply online for a Visitor visa extension.
Most of the countries included. The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD135 to AUD340.

Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family and or friends.
It is always lower visas fees when you are applying for a visa when you are outside of Australia.
I’m going to make videos about each visa more in depth so if you’re interested to learn about it subscribe to my channel.
Fees for visas:

Here you can check your visa and work entitlements: